MY FIRST LOVE - A STORY FROM MARVELOUS

0 Comments






The Return To My First love


A saying goes “You can never realize the value of something until you loose it.”

This is my story of what happened in my walk with God. From a young age, I had developed a strong relationship with God through the guidance of my parents and of life experiences. I was always known as the “good girl.” It never bothered me on the contrary I was quite proud of it. I always gave my friends good advice and I was always there for them. For some reason one day, I thought to myself “Why is my life so perfect?” and by “perfect” I meant why do people view me as a “goody goody.” So I told God that I did not want to be a “goody goody” anymore. I wanted to experience what others did so that I could relate better to what they were going through. I did not plan to become a rebel, however I wanted to experiment with what the others were doing. 

So I got myself a boyfriend and decided to dedicate myself fully to my education. To some this might seem normal but it was never part of my previous life. These two things became my priority. Slowly by slowly I allowed the business of life, school and girl friend duties take over. I barely prayed or read His word. I still attended church and I was still active in my ministry. 

On the outside everything seemed perfect but on the inside I was slowly dying. There is something that happens when you choose to take God out of the equation of your life. 

There was a whole inside of me that I couldn’t fill up. I lived the same life style for the next three years. I thought of suicide even though I knew it was a sin. As I continued to attending church and serving in my ministry, things finally started to change. I came to a realization that this was not how I wanted to live and luckily I knew exactly where to run back. So I pushed through it and slowly by slowly through church messages and young adult meetings, I found myself back to the feet of my first love.

I had reached the lowest of lows and my mind was made up not to stay in that pit. The more I opened up my heart and longed to be back with Him, the better I could hear that still small voice (the Holy Spirit). He reassured me of God’s love for me, He reminded me to surrender everything to God and He would fix it all. And so the journey began. I started letting go and letting Him back into EVERY aspect of my life. Ever since that day, I have been on this journey and every day, every week, every month, every year and every season of my life has been different. I am still not perfect but at least I know that the one who leads my life has perfect plans for me and as long as my FOCUS is on Him then I will be just fine.


My biggest testimony is of His unconditional love for me. I left and chose my own path but even then He was with me. He patiently waited for my return and when the time came, His arms were wide open to welcome me back home. There is nothing that this world could offer that could ever compare to God’s relentless pursuit for you.

Guest Post by: 
Marvelous Malekera




You may also like